[Logo] Mentawai Forum - Mentawai Web Framework
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 

Forum Read-Only! Check the new site and forum here!

A quickstart development project?  XML
Forum Index -> General Comments
kabrod

First of all my compliments on the job you have done. I really like your philosophy. In a world of bloated java web frameworks this is refreshening.

However I would like to see some kind of quickstart development project like the Rife Quickstart. That would make it real easy to start using Mentawai, and I think that's what everybody wants. Even if you guys have done lots of great work it still a bit cumbersome putting up a working development environment.

Thanks.
saoj

Thanks for the compliment.

This kind is feedback is always appreciated. What can we do to improve the start process?

We have the site documentation, the mybooks reference application, the online book, the online recipes, etc. What specifically do you thing would make the process smoothly?

Did you check the recipes? http://recipes.mentaframework.org/

Sergio Oliveira

kabrod

It's not a big deal, I'm actually working my way through your book right now.

But if you've seen Appfuse or Rife Quickstart as I mentioned, they have packed a minimal development project complete with Maven, Jetty and either a database script or an embedded database.

I'm using Idea and all I have to do is open the pom.xml which builds the project and then start the server. This makes it very, very easy to evaluate the project. And subsequently start using it.

I decided to try Mentawai, but I was close not to, because there are so many frameworks and you don't have time to look into every one of them. But I'm glad I tried Mentawai and I will most certainly use it for my next project.

saoj

I will take a look on appfuse and rife quickstart projects. I am in the road right now, but tomorrow I will take a detailed look.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but take a look in the MyBooks reference application. It has a SQL script for the database and it is a complete application.

-Sergio

Sergio Oliveira

boaglio

[Avatar]

Kabrod,

You should try downloading my project:

https://jroadmap.dev.java.net/source/browse/jroadmap/

It uses Mentawai + Hibernate + Maven2 , you can run it under Jetty if you want to.

http://www.boaglio.com
[WWW]
kabrod

Thanks boaglio. I haven't had much time to spend on Mentawai the last few weeks, but I managed to have a peek at your project yesterday. It's what I was asking for. I will look into it more deeply during the Easter days. Thanks again!

Forum Index -> General Comments
Go to: