[Logo] Mentawai Forum - Mentawai Web Framework
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 

Forum Read-Only! Check the new site and forum here!

German Mentawai powered party search engine goes online  XML
Forum Index -> General Comments
Sven

The German party search engine partymensch.de (translates into partyperson), I've been working on for the past months and which - among other open source projects - is also powered by Mentawai, has gone public yesterday.

The site probably has no use for you (the Mentawai core team) but I just wanted to let you know. Try to search for "bonn" for example to see it in action!

It has been quite calm on the Mentawai front, when is version 1.13 going to be released?
saoj

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing with us. The site looks pretty cool!

Sergio Oliveira

boaglio

[Avatar]

Great job!

http://www.boaglio.com
[WWW]
Lobo

[Avatar]

I liked the performance, great job

Atenciosamente,
Hélio Frota

Helio Frota
10+ Java Programmer
heliofrota.com

Mentawai Developer
Sven

Thank you! A lot of attention has been spent on the performance, server side as well as client side.

I'm using the JPOX ORM which utilizes a 2-level cache system for query results (one of them is an Ehcache). However a Lucene index is used to search the database which is faster and more powerful than the indices of the common open source database systems.

Regarding download speed all JavaScript files have been compressed plus the HTML responses are compressed, too. The HTML is XHTML compliant, clean and without any redundant code.
jamzim

Really very nice look. Great job.
Sven

jamzim wrote:
Really very nice look. Great job. 

I have no idea what you are talking about

Because maintaining the search engine partymensch.de was a very time consuming issue and unfortunately the visitor count wasn't quite satisfactory, I abandoned the project about two years ago. I'm not the owner of the domain anymore and it seems someone has taken over the domain and created a blog there.

Forum Index -> General Comments
Go to: